Saturday 8 March 2014

006: Paul Sexias sits on my deck

Paul Sexias Martch 8 2014_001

My new neighbour Paul Sexias dropped by and was nice enough to agree to my standard interview.  He's on the right on the photo. Here's the verbatim transcript:

[19:42] Rusty Redfield: <click>

[19:42] Rusty Redfield: there, I've turned on the recorder.  So I'm going to print this verbatim; that way you don't get misinterpreted.

[19:42] Rusty Redfield: you okay?

[19:43] Paul Sexias: sure

[19:43] Rusty Redfield: Five questions.  #1: Why do you stay in Second Life? What keeps you here?

[19:44] Paul Sexias: I've met some great guys and have some good friendhships.  I want to keep in touch with them, and keep meeting people.

[19:44] Rusty Redfield: nice

[19:44] Rusty Redfield: yeah, it's all about the relationships, isn't it?

[19:44] Rusty Redfield: 2. What are the qualities that attract you to people in Second Life?

[19:45] Paul Sexias: At first, it's the look of the avatar.  I have to be attracted to how they look.  Then it's their personality.

[19:45] Rusty Redfield: Can you tell me more about that? "Their personality"?

[19:46] Paul Sexias: so they have a sense of humor....can they carry on a conversation......some of my friends are a bit domineering, while others are easy-going....just go with the flow.

[19:47] Rusty Redfield: great!

[19:47] Rusty Redfield: 3. What are you working on, as a form of artistic expression or in order to earn money, or both?

[19:47] Rusty Redfield: (this is where you get to do self-promotion LOL)

[19:48] Paul Sexias: right now, nothing.  I used to be a dancer when I first came to sl to earn money...but now I enjoy just dancing for fun and spending time with friends.  I never really got into any thing artistic in sl.

[19:48] Rusty Redfield: some people say that their avatar is their artistic expression.

[19:49] Paul Sexias: yeah, I gues that's true....I'm always tinkering with it

[19:49] Rusty Redfield: takes forever right?

[19:49] Rusty Redfield: LOL

[19:49] Rusty Redfield: 4. If you could give advice to your earlier self in the first month that you spent in Second Life, what would you say?

[19:49] Rusty Redfield: (see, this is easy LOL)

[19:50] Paul Sexias: Hmmmmmm......I think to try to find gay areas to meet other gays.  It took me awhile to find them, and living and mingling with "straights" is not my cup of tea.

[19:51] Rusty Redfield: oh, interesting.  How would you have done it in your first 30 days? Like, search for "gay" in the search field?

[19:52] Paul Sexias: yeah..........I didn't know there was a Search in sl....when I started I used the Second Life Viewer, which I found difficult to navigate.

[19:52] Rusty Redfield: ah but you're on Firestorm now?

[19:52] Paul Sexias: yfes I am

[19:53] Rusty Redfield: sorry, I was just making sure I could save this conversation.  Okay:

[19:53] Rusty Redfield: 5. What do you like most about the way that your avatar looks?

[19:54] Paul Sexias: That I look older...and hopefully somewhat unique.   There seems to be so many young college age looking avatars.....almost cookie cutter........turns me off.

[19:54] Rusty Redfield: LOL I always say that perfection here is commonplace, it's only imperfection that is interesting

[19:55] Paul Sexias: lol true....we always try to make the perfect avatar

[19:56] Rusty Redfield: it's hard to be unique here, for sure.  I was in a store the other day and the model in the picture looked just like me, only better LOL

[19:56] Paul Sexias: oh I doubt that

[19:56] Rusty Redfield: well -- I think some people come here to be the person that they want to be, and some people come here to be the person that they want to HAVE

[19:57] Paul Sexias: ah sort of living out their fantasy by being the other person

[19:57] Rusty Redfield: I guess

[19:57] Rusty Redfield: I'm not sure, it's not my style, but I know people do it

[19:58] Paul Sexias: yes me either.....it's easier for me to just be myself

[19:58] Rusty Redfield: <grin> well, believe it or not I am SLIGHTLY less well worked-out in RL ;-)

[19:58] Rusty Redfield: just one sec, I'll finish the interview -- if you're okay with that

[19:59] Paul Sexias: sure

[19:59] Rusty Redfield: we can go off record LOL

[19:59] Rusty Redfield: <click>

Paul Sexias Martch 8 2014_002

 

Thanks Paul! Readers, if you want to sit on my deck, let me know.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment