Saturday 22 March 2014

010: Johann Brakkus sits on my deck

March 22 2014 Romanum anniversary party_007

I was at a party this afternoon celebrating the anniversary of Romanum, a Roman-themed RP sim where I lived for a while last year. I ran into a lot of old friends and one of them, Johann Brakkus (musclefight) thought it might be fun to sit on my deck for an interview. Here's the verbatim transcript:

[14:19] Rusty Redfield: <click> there we go, recording now

[14:19] Johann Brakkus: ok

[14:19] Rusty Redfield: I'm here with my friend Johann Brakkus, aka Musclefight

[14:19] Rusty Redfield: who's very kindly agreed to a spur of the moment interview!

[14:19] Rusty Redfield: we've just finished at a party in Romanum, hence the Roman clothes

[14:20] Rusty Redfield: okay, first question

[14:20] Rusty Redfield: 1. Why do you stay in Second Life?  What keeps you here?

[14:21] Johann Brakkus: Hmmmmm, Second Life is a nice escape.  I get to role play a character I would never get to be in Real Life.  I have made some wonderful connections with other people...friendships I dare say.  I think that is what keeps me here.

[14:22] Rusty Redfield: see, this is easy LOL

[14:22] Rusty Redfield: okay -- question #2

[14:22] Rusty Redfield: 2. What are the qualities that attract you to people in Second Life?

[14:23] Johann Brakkus: Being nice, friendly, respectful.  Able to have fun...and understanding my bad sense of humor!

[14:24] Rusty Redfield: hahaha I think you have a GOOD sense of humour!

[14:24] Rusty Redfield: it's true, though, isn't it -- some people don't seem to be here to have fun, I don't understand that

[14:24] Rusty Redfield: anyway -- sorry -- next question

[14:24] Rusty Redfield: 3. What are you working on, as a form of artistic expression or in order to earn money, or both?

[14:25] Rusty Redfield: (feel free to plug your own business here BTW -- that's why I ask these questions)

[14:26] Johann Brakkus: I don't work!  I am here to play and have fun!  I don't worry about earning money here in SL.  So no interesting projects or business ventures here.

[14:26] Rusty Redfield: actually, I hear that a lot from people.  some people say creating their av is their art project...

[14:28] Johann Brakkus: If I were plug a specific business...my partner Rod runs a fun club...Rumpus!  It is a wrestling themed night club, with parties 3 nights a week, and a wrestling ring and locker rooms available at other times.  I would like to see that succeed very much!

[14:29] Rusty Redfield: oh good! I was hoping you'd mention that.  yes, Rumpus is great -- the parties are always filled with hot guys

March 22 2014 Romanum anniversary party_009

[14:29] Rusty Redfield: okay, next question

[14:29] Rusty Redfield: 4. If you could give advice to your earlier self in the first month that you spent in Second Life, what would you say?

[14:31] Johann Brakkus: I would say to make friends with guys who have a lot of experience in world.  I had a couple of friends who really helped me out understanding how this place works. How to build a great avi, how to find groups, meet folks and have a great time!

[14:31] Johann Brakkus: I would also advise them to keep it light and fun.  Try to avoid drama and entanglements.  This world is what you make of it!

[14:31] Rusty Redfield: that's a good answer! actually that's part of the reason I'm doing this blog and these interviews, because when I was starting out, this is the kind of information I searched for online and didn't really find

[14:32] Rusty Redfield: but I agree, you've put your finger on some good points, thanks

[14:32] Rusty Redfield: and last question -- 5. What do you like most about the way that your avatar looks?

[14:33] Johann Brakkus: Hmmmm...so I'm supposed to sound all full of myself now and spout off how great I look?

[14:33] Rusty Redfield: <grin> if you don't, *I* might

[14:33] Johann Brakkus: I've been told my eyes are great to look into...

[14:33] Rusty Redfield: I think what I'm getting at is, what do you think you've done successfully to make your av look the way you want it to

[14:34] Rusty Redfield: and they certainly are a beautiful blue-green

[14:34] Johann Brakkus: I have to say...and this may sound odd..I like the way my avi's body hair looks...it gives some nice texture, but is not overwhelming

[14:34] Rusty Redfield: see? that was easy

[14:35] Johann Brakkus: I think the build is well proportioned.  This is my more muscled avi...I have a 2 other versions that are a little slimmer, but this is what I wear when I want to be a bit bolder.

[14:35] Rusty Redfield: are they all mesh l'Uomo bodies?

[14:36] Johann Brakkus: No, one is Mesh, the 'Gary' shape, I am wearing 'Scott' now.  The other is 'standard issue.'

[14:37] Rusty Redfield: thanks -- this is the kind of thing that helps new residents make up their minds about how to look the way they want.  That's all the questions -- any comments or anything you want to get off your handsome chest? <grin>

[14:39] Johann Brakkus: Awwww, thanks for the compliment, Rusty.  I think the only thing I have to add for a newbie is to keep it light, and have fun with it!  There's enough stress in Real Life, who needs more here!

[14:39] Rusty Redfield: Beautifully put.  Okay -- I'll just switch this off. <click>

Thanks Johann! Readers, if you want to sit on my deck, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment