Tuesday 19 August 2014

050: Monday night dancing at Woof Lounge ...

I haven't been able to be posting as much as I'd like lately, due to real life getting in the way, so last night I made a determined effort to get out and about. As a result, I ended up attending two parties and so I'll split my reporting in half.

The first fun part of the evening (5 to 7 SLT) was at Woof Lounge, (SLURL is linked) which is part of 3Bears, where I live. So I got the chance to enjoy, as usual, the musical taste of DJ Karl Kalchek and his partner and host Jak Calcutt. Also present was my friend Galileo Michalski, and a gang of handsome guys including Lledge Eames ...

It's always a pleasure to settle in and dance for an hour. I like Karl's taste in music; eclectic and unusual but with a lot of the mainstream. Put it this way, every hour I hear something I recognize and like, and something new I think, "Oh, I'll have to check that out later." It's also really nice to party with a group like this, where most of the people are already friends and neighbours -- very comfortable and relaxed, and relaxing. Thanks guys!

I'm told that instead of anchoring this party firmly at Woof Lounge, the 3Bears guys are going to play with the location a little in the next weeks; keep your eyes on the various event feeds carefully, and perhaps subscribe to Karl Kalchek's for the most up-to-date scoop.  Stay tuned for part 2 of my evening of dancing.

















No comments:

Post a Comment