Wednesday 27 August 2014

053: Dancing at Engine

I went to the re-opening of a bar last night, the gay/steampunk-themed Engine. Apparently there's a story behind it of which I only learned the bare minimum -- the sim started in 2009 and was very popular for a couple of years until RL pressures had to take precedence over running the sim.  So Gerard J 2001 Rodenberger [jerrod.rodenberger] shelved it, but left it as it is because so many people had memories tied up in it. So tonight was the first night back in operation in a couple of years, after he's taken it off the shelf.  I wasn't lucky enough to see it in its first incarnation but it looks interesting -- gay steampunk is not something I know a lot about, so I may go have a look around.
DJ Karl Kalchek provided a great progressive set -- Karl has great taste and inventive mashups. His partner Jak Calcutt was hosting, or sharing hosting duties with the house dancer loopadog Calamity. This particular Wednesday evening hearkened back to a former tradition, I am told -- Humpday Stripdown. The idea is that you start the evening fully clothed and end it naked, some people faster than others. I took a lot of pictures before the clothes really started coming off; if you want to see what all these handsome guys look like with their bits hanging out, you'll have to come and see for yourself!! Quite a crowd of hot guys for a Wednesday but maybe a lot of people have been waiting to see this place come back.
I'm told that there is something planned every single day of the week from now on; I expect the announcements of precisely when the parties are will be announced through a couple of the usual group channels. Here's a SLURL for the dance space, which is open to all (there's a steampunk themed sim just outside, for which I bet they wish you'd be properly dressed, but the dance floor is come as you are).
Gerard was nice and gave me a schedule for the next week's worth of events, but I think we should cut him a little slack -- it's a lot of work getting this off the ground and he may have last-minute replacements, etc.  I'd go and join the group and get my announcements that way.
But here's what I know (I'm assuming all times are SLT):

Sunday Aug 31

  • 10-12 PM: DJ Gerard/ Novs
  • 5 - 7 PM: DJ Ralphy/Gerard/Wynter


Monday Sept 01

  • 5 - 7 PM: DJ Gerard/ Sammie

Tuesday Sept 02 

  • 5 - 7 PM: DJ  Ralphie/Herr/Wynter ( ? )


Wednesday Sept 03

  • 12 - 2 PM: DJ Sammie/Gerard
  • 6 - 8 PM: DJ Karl/Jak/Loopadog

Thursday Sept 04

  • 5 - 7 PM: DJ Sammie/Basjain 
  • 10 - 12 AM: DJ Red Afterhours 

Friday Sept 05

  • 5 -7 PM: DJ Sabor/Basjain
  • 7 - 9 PM: DJ Rev/Zane/MaxFederico

Saturday Sept  06

  • 12 - 2 PM: DJ Felgood/Shadow
  • 3 - 5 PM: DJ Regi/Gerard
  • 7 - 9 PM: Cupid/Novs



















No comments:

Post a Comment