Wednesday 22 October 2014

069: Dancing at The Vault

You've seen me write about The Vault before. I was really interested in what they were doing, when they started out a few months back, because I thought their policy of "No Gestures" was such a nice change. At first it was just two hours a week on Mondays. Lately they've been sufficiently popular that they've been expanding to other nights of the week. Two things happened tonight: one is that
I got an invitation in my feed to yet another new night of partying at The Vault. I thought, "Oh, great, that solves that." Then a little later I got an invitation to a party at another club that said, no kidding, "Gestures ENCOURAGED".
     I didn't think much about it at the time but you know, I think The Vault's policy is actually making a difference; people are reacting to it. And I'm fine with that.
People might think that my dislike of gestures might have something to do with the fact that I've never used them and don't really know much about how they work. You know, I'm prepared to admit it. I have just never seen the point. Like I hear toddlers' moms in the park say, "Use your words, sweetie." A big part of the reason I come to SL is because I like to interact with people,
and I don't find clicking on vaguely relevant gesture files to be a good way of interacting. Your mileage may vary. Anyway, I like this club because it has no gestures and if you like gestures, you have a place to go. Something for everyone.
     So Wednesday evenings 7 to 9 PM SLT is a new night for The Vault. My friends Miss Peaches, Cupid and Russ 
Callahan have brought in a new DJ to anchor the night, DJ Caden Firehawk [catmichaels]. The handsome Basjain Krovac seems to be the usual host but you can usually find one of the founders having a good time and tonight it was Miss Peaches. (See below. Just entirely by accident I managed to take the worst picture EVER of her; I'm going to put it in last below, on the understanding that
Miss Peaches is a gorgeous av with a great sense of humour. She's going to need it because I somehow managed to make her look like a demented Norma Desmond.) I got there early by misreading the invite and took pictures of people as they showed up, then I could dance and have fun. Here's a SLURL for you; hope it works. I've had an old one lying around and if this is it, they've
moved the club a little to accommodate their new play space. But find your way to the dance club -- keep your eyes on your feed most nights of the week these days -- and you'll find a TP to the play space, which is worth checking out and available for your use.
     DJ Caden did a great set of 80s and 90s with kind of a hard rock vibe. He takes requests and mixes them in
smoothly; gotta like that. It's also really, really nice to just relax and actually chat with people, laugh and carry on a grown-up (sometimes VERY grown-up) conversation in the open channel without being interrupted by someone bellowing "Houlalalalalala I love this TUNE!!" No gestures allowed, no contest board for best naked so the host will have something to look at, no sploders, raffles,
yada yada. If you want to actually meet new people and get to talk to them in an easy and comfortable way, this is the place to do it.
     Miss Peaches, I apologize for the picture. Honest! I was trying out a new way of zooming in, and I haven't managed to get it quite right yet ... I guess it will have to be a spanking!






No comments:

Post a Comment